I had the great fortune of being nominated twice within minutes of each other for the famous Liebster Award. I am quite honored that the second nomination came from The Cheeky Cyclist. Cheeky does an amazing job laying out bicycling information and tips, and it comes from someone who biked over 500 miles in a single week, so you know it’s legit. Wowza!
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers with aim to discover and spot new bloggers. Cheeky described it as: “The Liebster Award is an award that dates back as early as 2011 and exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them, and to promote them. Liebster is a word with German origins and has several meanings: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” Well, that’s pretty great!
The Rules are pretty simple:
1 → Acknowledge the blog who nominated you;
2 → Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you;
3 → Nominate 5-11 other bloggers (with followers under 200);
4 → Ask them 11 questions;
5 → Let them know that you have nominated them;
The Cheeky Cyclist asks:
- Why did you start blogging? This is such a great question. I wish I had some great inspirational answer, but the simple truth is that I hit an age where I realize I am forgetting important things and want to chronicle them for the future.
- How do you get inspiration to create your blog posts? *Laughs out Loud* Life! Either I am a crazy person in a normal world or a normal person in a crazy world – everything around me inspires me to write something. Whether it’s worth reading or not, that’s up to you 😉
- What is your favorite dessert that everyone should try? Applebee’s White Chocolate Blondie. Mmm Mmm Mmm!
- What is your favorite memory? The doctor telling us our daughter’s heart had completely healed! I made him say it twice 😀
- What is your favorite book or series and why? I kind of want to take a picture of my book case and say all of them – the bookcase is filled with those I’ve read but been unable to part with. Don’t even get me started on those that I have read and donated… But, to answer your question, I have a few Harlequinn romances I love, I can’t seem to return “Don’t Go” by Lisa Scottoline though I’ve read it twice, and of course the classics like a real antique copy of “Tom Sawyer” and this other book I have, I can’t remember the name, but when I pulled it off the shelf at the used book store, a sincere love note fell out. So clearly I keep the book for the love note… Maybe I am the crazy one lol!
- What is your favorite way to prepare an egg? Fresh – we have over a dozen chickens and an egg fresh from the coop always tastes best whether it’s scrambed, friend, or baked.
- Where do you want to travel most, but you’ve never been?Australia
- What is your top blogging tip for others? I feel like I’d have to be good to even attempt that. I look for sincerity in the blogs I read – I want the author to have a true connection to the words flowing through the keyboard.
- What is your spirit animal? Scaredy cat. I prefer to sleep all day but spook easy.
- What is your favorite post that you have written? (Link please!) I want to say the Shark story, since it’s closest to my heart, but I’m going to go with Dead Serious Fail because it was my first real post, the one that took the most guts to press “Publish” for.
I nominated a bunch with the first post, so I’ll just add this one for now:
Sheila at Offshoots12 does some pretty amazing work, has some adorable dogs and a fun personality. Check her out!
- What part of the world are you from?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- If you find a penny heads up, do you pick it up for good luck?
- Favorite book?
- If money was no object, what would you do all day?
- Name a pet peeve.
- What is the most daring thing you’ve done?
- Roller coasters: love or hate them?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- What was your first job? Did you like it?
Thanks again for this nomination, Cheeky! As you would say, “Ride on!”